Saturday, March 10, 2012

God's Design for Families

As I have mentioned in other posts, we are raising our Granddaughter, Desiree, aka the princess. Today was her visitation day with her Dad, Mike. When she woke up this morning I told her that today was Saturday. She started to squeal and said " Daddy get you!" I said " Yes, Daddy is coming to get you." She enjoys spending time with him. To her it's like going to see a fun uncle. David and I have taken on the parenting role with all of the responsibility and disipline that comes with it. And her parents are the ones she visits and has fun with.

Well this morning when Mike got here, Desiree was excited at first as usual. But when Mike started to take her out to the car, her lips puckered and her eyes filled with tears. She was trying not to cry. I just smiled and told her that she was going to have fun and we would see her tomorrow. But my heart was breaking. I know she will be fine. It's just the transition of going from one house to another and from one family style to another. It's hard on her. But this is the best situation we can come up with. She has a permanent, stable home with us and she still gets to know her parents.

 It got me thinking. This is exactly why God designed families to be permanent. So that kids don't have to face the trauma of going from house to house. I am looking forward to giving our child from Ethiopia a permanent home. I want her to know that we are her family forever.

Blessings,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment