Friday, June 13, 2014

One year ago

One year ago today we got our referral for Nathaniel. We were so happy and excited to finally see the face of the child who would be our child. A year has come and gone. We have several pictures of him from this past year. We have watched him grow, but we are no closer to having him here with us than we were a year ago. We can't get a straight answer from our agency about what the hold up is.  I know all about the exit visa problem, but that has not affected the adoption process itself. As far as I know our case has not even been filed in court yet. I am beginning to think we have been scammed by someone, either the agency or the lawyer or the orphanage. I don't know if we will ever be able to bring Nathaniel home. And if we can't then I am done with adoption. This is a hard dream to let go, though.

Blessings,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment