Friday, May 30, 2014

Exit Permits

We got an email from our agency yesterday. Sixty two families, 15 from the US, will be recieving their exit permits to bring their children home soon. But that's all. No one else will be given an exit permit until DRC has written, passed, and implemented their new adoption laws. There is no timeline on this. It could take months or years. Also these new laws could be retroactive which means that families that have already completed their adoptions and are just waiting for their exit permits could have their adoptions overturned because they don't meet the new laws requirements. It doesn't seem fair to me to change the rules when you are approaching the finish line. But I am not the one in power and DRC doesn't really care about adoptive parents rights or feelings. I am so discouraged and depressed today. We have been on this adoption journey for over 8 years and we keep getting doors slammed in our face. I am tired. If we are not able to adopt Nathaniel, for whatever reason, then I am done with adoption. I am not being dramatic or emotional. I am just tired, emotionally and physically, of the whole process. Obviously adoption was not meant for us. It's a hard dream to let go of, but it is becoming more and more clear that I may not have a choice. Everyone keeps telling me to hold on and don't give up hope, but I don't know that I have any hope left to hold onto. Blessins, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment