Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A few thoughts....

I have a lot on my mind today. We received an email from JOH on Friday with the formal placement agreement. When we sign it, have it notarized, and mail it back, Nathaniel will be officially matched with us.WOOHOO!!!!!

Which brings me to my next thought. I have had a couple of people say to me that 'maybe we aren't meant' to have this baby because we have had so much trouble getting the money. Oh it burns me up! If a woman tried for 7 years to get pregnant and then finally does but is in danger of loosing that baby, would you tell her that 'maybe she wasn't meant' to have this baby because she is having trouble and she should let it go? I don't think so, or at least, I hope no one would be that insensitive. I don't see where my situation is any different. We have tried to adopt for 7 years and finally have been matched with a child. Of course I am going to do everything in my power to bring him home! No, I don't enjoy having to ask people for money, but I will do anything and everything I can to bring him home to his family!

I guess it goes back to people not understanding adoption. I LOVE this boy. He is my son in my heart even though I have never met him. When a woman is pregnant, she doesn't actually see or hold her baby for 9 months, yet everyone knows that it is natural for her to love her child even before it's born. My situation is no different. I love Nathaniel.

The other thing I was thinking this morning is about how Nathaniel was abandoned. His birth mother,for whatever reason, felt that she couldn't raise him. But instead of just throwing him away, she put him in the marketplace; a busy area that I think she knew he would be found.I believe it was an act of love. This reminded me of the story of Moses. His parents couldn't keep him, but because they loved him, they put him in the Nile River; a busy place where they knew he would be found.

I am not saying that God has a super spiritual purpose for Nathaniel like He did for Moses. But He must have a purpose for Nathaniel and for us because He put us together. And I thank him for it!

Blessings,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment