Saturday, February 25, 2012

Welcome to our blog! We are David and Melissa. Let us tell you a little about ourselves. We have been married since 1988. We have 3 children : Tina, Josh, and Brandon. We are also raising our granddaughter Desiree ( we'll explain that on another post). And now we feel called to adopt a child from Ethiopia.

It has been a long and winding road to get to this point. All 3 of my pregnancies were high risk and after our last, my doctor advised me not to have any more. We agreed and I had my tubes tied. But I still felt the desire for more children. I felt called to adopt immediately, but David wasn't quite ready. I prayed for 6 years and God finally changed David's heart. Even though I felt called to adopt from Africa, we were frieghtened by the cost. So we decided to start the process to adopt from foster care. We waited for 2 years and never had a placement. We knew that foster care wasn't right for us. Then we changed to a private agency for a domestic infant adoption. We waited for almost  two and a half years with no placement. Our social worker suggested that we look into other agencies.

That is when I began to feel the pull toward Africa again. I did research for months and did a lot of praying. Finally, we decided to just trust God to provide and took the plunge. We are at the VERY beginning of this journey. We will need lots of prayer and support. Hopefully, we will have many updates as we progress through this process.

Blessings,
David and Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment